Thursday, April 27, 2006

TomTiger and his Reign of Daytime Terror

I made a new resolution to try and blog every day, no matter how petty the topic.

I was reading up on the TomKat kitten and thinking back on Tom’s year of couch-jumping and word slinging. I don’t know much about Scientology, don’t know much about biology, don't know much about…Anyway, I’m not promoting or knocking it, but Tom Cruise has to be as bad for Scientology as Tammy Faye Baker was for Christianity. He’s not a respected spiritual spokesman but more like a faith pirate. “Errrhhh, shiver me timbers, get the glib anchor out of the way, matey, I’m going to choke Brook’s pill swallowing throat.”

I like that creative thinkers call him “excited” or “passionate”. Those are much better adjectives than just plain old crazy. I think he’s tense. He’s angry. He’s volatile. He’s just on the verge of cracking wide open. You can see his distressed soul on his strained face.

So, rather than the spiritually wounded Cruise, they should pick a better spokesperson for their religion, someone who interviews well, like Queen Latifah. That woman is smooth, like home-made peach ice-cream on a hot summer afternoon and damn funny! I don’t know what her religion is, but she’d make a good poster-child for contentment.

I should make a new resolution to quit hatin’ on people I don’t know. But, they way I see it, if you go into a public profession, you’re opening yourself up to be loved or hated by strangers. And if you've become unhinged, it's likely to be the later.