Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Proudly Brew?

I have a problem buying coffee from places that say they "Proudly Brew Starbucks." I think it's like going to Canal St. to buy knock-off desinger coffee. The disgruntled people selling the brew are usually more bitter than the coffee.

If I'm paying $4 for a coffee, I don't care is the brew is Starbucks brand or not. When I buy coffee at Starbucks, I'm not paying for the beans, I'm paying for the experience. I want at least 2 people to be involved in my coffee-making process and I want to hear my order repeated a few times, like it's important. I want to be treated with smiles by people who proudly have health insurance. I want to hear smooth jazz and have the opion of a Damian Rice point-of-purchase CD. And I want additional spice options before I leave. Why? Because that's what I pay for.

So, if you're a store owner, don't advertise that you "proudly brew" it, are indeed proudly brewing it.