Thursday, October 16, 2008

President for Sale

Someone e-mailed this link to calculate what you'd save on Obama's tax plan: http://alchemytoday.com/obamataxcut/

In addition to those cost savings, you get my 2 cents:

Now, I know we Americans like to buy some cheap shit. We're Costco lovin', coupon clippin', CVS discount card havin' patriots of the old red, white and blue... but do we really need to take our discount savings cards into the voting booth?

I'm curious, so I calculated now much I save on the candidates plans, and on Obama's plan I save the most, around $3 a day. $3 a day? Americans are going to vote on a leader than can change history and the price tag is only $3 a day?

Honestly, I'd rather lose $3 a day or $5 a day or $10 a day and know that I live in a country where bozo's aren't running the government, people's retirements aren't getting flushed down the toilets, and billions of dollars aren't being sent abroad to kill people. We shouldn't cheap out when it comes to voting!

We never learn from the consequences of saving a political buck? We exported all of our jobs, so we can have cheap toxic toys and cheap electronics. Now, India and China have a thriving economy and we're borrowing money from communists.

So, at the end of your $3 day, make sure your cheap ass votes on issues that matter.


-------

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,