Friday, October 03, 2008

Getting Shoushed...

This morning I woke at 7 am to the sounds of an electric saw. It went on and on and wouldn't stop. So, half-awake, I opened the window, couldn't see where the noise was coming from, but attempted to yell, "Shut up with the sawing." But I forgot that I had my bite guard in, so what I actually yelled out the window at the top of my lungs to the neighborhood was "Shoush up wit da shawing."

And he stopped. I'm sure he just paused to ponder "what the hell did she just say?" Then he went back to sawing.

I closed my window and my husband says, "You just yelled something completely unintelligible to the world."

Then another neighbored authoritatively yelled, "Hey buddy, easy with the noise, it's early..."The sawing stopped and I'm sure the yelling neighbor caught himself before finishing his sentence with "that's so loud that you woke up the neighborhood deaf girl!"

Then about an hour later, my landlord came by to fix my bathroom, and I asked if the new neighbors were building something because there was a lot of noise this morning and he says, "No, that was me."

So, as it turns out, I shoushed my landlord.