Thursday, October 16, 2008

New York Gnats

It's October 16th in New York and 75 degrees. A temperature that might fall under the 'unseasonably warm' or 'Indian Summer' category. But I went for a run and realized that it falls under the 'apocalypic hot' category.

I went for a run and not only did I hear cicadas... but I ran through a patch of gnats. GNATS! In New York! If I weren't a born and bread Georgia girl, I probably wouldn't even know what gnats were. Then a guy stopped me and another woman on the street, and I thought he was trying to hand me a flyer, but instead he said, "Excuse me, excuse me, did you just walk through some gnats, too?" He was completely floored.

Gnats and cicadas, don't these insects know that it's Fall? Damn you, Al Gore, why couldn't we have heard you sooner!

Labels: , ,