Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bushy and the Desperate Housewives

Alright, alright! It's one thing to bomb innocent countries, it's one thing to illegally tap America's phone lines, I'll even let it slide that our President left thousands of Americans stranded on their rooftop after a massive hurricane we saw coming days before, but you do NOT interrupt Desperate Housewives! Talk about bad timing! And this is from a president with low ratings. He just picked up his shovel from his hole and dug deeper.

You can disrupt our phone lines and eavesdrop all you want, I don't care, but you don't screw with Prime Time. Especially a top rated show with his blinky blinky Bushy Bushy. He looks like a rat and blinks more than a lizard. I knew he was a shifty one years ago when he first ran for office, not because of his politics, but based on his blinking alone. I called it first! And, now his shifty actions are coming out. I'm sure when he gets out of office, that's when the juicy little driblets of his shady regime will unfold. Mooo-haah-haaah-haaaa! (That's my evil dictator laugh.)

Anyway, if you are going to interrupt America's television programming with a "Special Report" you damn well better have something special to report! You better have actual facts to report. That's why they call it the news is because you're supposed to have NEWS!

When you interrupt a show, it better be something good like "We're ending the War" or "We're Going to War" or "Oprah just got in an Hermes store" or "Nick and Jessica are back together." But you don't interrupt our relaxing time on the sofa to talk about your "consequences" and stories of people who "believed in the mission." Hell, I have an aunt that believes she had sex with an alien, but no one interrupts TV to talk about it...and for the record, her stories are a lot more interesting.

This annoying interruption gives me a chance to ponder his tactics. He reminds me of that kid in class with "the dog ate my homework" excuses when he whines "the war was more difficult than expected." It's war! He expected it to be easy?

Okay, I'll stop my political rant, as I get most of my news from the Daily Show or second-hand from my husband. But, no matter how little of the facts I know, I do know that no matter who you are, when someone is on TV saying "Light that reaches the darkest corners" and "God is not dead, nor does he sleep" it isn't exactly breaking news.

Then the journalists have to debate if the speech is good or bad. Anything that interrupts national TV without new information is bad, bad, bad! I don’t care how the speech was written. It was bad. The best thing that knucklehead said was "thank you and Good night."

Oh, and don't think all is forgiven just because Desperate Housewives was a re-run!