Sunday, September 18, 2005

Peeving the B

I'm working on my pet peeve list. Clearly this will be a work in progress, as I realize them daily. So here it goes, the short list. And these are in no particular order, as an annoyance is an annoyance:

1. When you are forced to work with someone who repeatedly points to something on a piece of paper by tapping her long fake nails on it. First of all, paper isn't that big, 8 1/2 by 11, I'm sure I could find it on my own. Secondly is repetition necessary? It reminds me of Leo Decaprio in The Aviator with the whole, "show me the blue prints, show me the blue prints..."

2. When people use the word "interesting" instead of "I hate it." Example:
"Do you like my new haircut?""Well, it's interesting."

3. For some reason, the phrase "Destination Wedding" gets under my skin. Right up there with the words "contemporary" and "moist." I'm getting married in Mexico, and people say "oh, you're having a destination wedding." Uh, no, I'm having a Mexican wedding. Or "she's having a destination wedding in Vegas." It's Vegas, Baby! Come on.