Thursday, January 14, 2010

Panera Beeeb

Every time I place an order at Panera Bread, they ask for my name, and get it wrong. The first time I was there, my order was ready and they yelled out for "Beeeb!" Then proceeded to get annoyed when I didn't promptly pick it up. "Beeeb! BEEEEEB!!!"

Since then, if they yell out a name that starts wit a B, and it looks like something I want to eat, I take it off the counter. And it's not just me. I stood there one day as orders were picked up for Snodd, Bekorg and Orb. And for the record, they were all plain vanilla, conservative looking people. 'Orb' looked like she was from Greenwich, CT and there's no way it was her given name.

Today the name I was dubbed was Belly. Belly! If that's not enough to make you rethink eating a fattening chain lunch, I don't know what is.

"Belly! BELLL-EEEEEYYYY!!! I no know where is her. Belllyyy! Oh, you Belly?"

Unfortunately yes.

Labels: , ,