Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cascading Coffee

This morning, as always, everyone jumped off the ferry and raced to the bus. It was raining so there was even more incentive to beat your fellow passenger to the terminal.

I was rounding the bend and had just passed two men, when the woman in front of me slipped under the turnstile. She slid backwards with one leg in front of her and one behind her and has this look on her face like 'I forget, why am I looking at the ceiling?' I might have laughed if I wasn't convinced that she tore her ACL and threw out a shoulder.

When I asked if she was okay, she did that thing people do, where they jump up real fast like, 'What? Me? No, I wasn't on the floor?' But as she quickly jumped up saying she was fine, she spilled an entire large cup of iced coffee all over herself.

I almost pissed myself. I don't know which was funnier, that she busted her ass, but managed not to spill her coffee, or that she was professing to be fine, while staining her entire outfit.