Friday, June 29, 2012

I'm Just Sayin'

I just told my three year-old, "If you don't quit crying, I'm going to give you something to cry about!" OMG, who am I? I bypassed turning into my mother, and went straight to turning into my GRANDMOTHER! My grandmother raised five kids and helped with a dozen grandkids, I bet she said that phrase upwards of a million times. But me, I'm only 2 kids in, I shouldn't be saying that yet. But it fit, the phrase finally made sense to me. All through my childhood it miffed me, but now, now I get it. It was only the threat of getting popped that my daughter quit screaming. And she was screaming because she wasn't getting good wifi reception on my iPad. Not something to cry about. When children of my grandmother's generation cried, it was probably for something legit, like having to plow a field in 105 degree heat, not a glitchy Internet connection.