Wednesday, June 01, 2011

My Publisher Gift Card Scam

I'm going off topic for this one. Just throwing this online so anyone needing info on this website won't fall into the same trap that I did.

Someone gave me a gift certificate to the website Mypublisher.com, which I thought would work like any other normal gift card.

Apparently, a mypublisher gift card or gift certificate will not work with any other promotion or discount. Kind of a scam, since the books are never worth the retail value and this site is always running a promotion. The quality of their books is definitely $20 or $30, but not worth $70-$100, which is the rate when you're not using their weekly discount code.

So if you stumbled across this site from googling MyPublisher, I hope this helps.

If you're a regular blog reader, sorry about that, my next blog will return to my usual random and sarcastic topics.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,